Thursday, July 10, 2008

Have you done everything with LOVE?

A touching true to life story of a nurse that I've just read from a forum:

I was working ICU and caring for a patient with breast Ca who was dying, minimally responsive for days (this was a long time ago when we actually kept dying patients in ICU). Anyway, she suddenly awoke and was very lucid, asking for some water.....I was a little stunned but got her water for her. After she drank she said, "Do you know what Jesus just asked me?" Of course I got a few chill bumps at this point, but answered, "No, what?" She said, "He asked me if I had done everything with love." "And what did you say, I replied. "I told him that I had tried," she said. I told her that most likely that is all any of us are capable of doing. I turned her with some pillows and she fell asleep and died about 10 minutes later. Needless to say, this affected me greatly, I want to be able to give the right answer when Jesus asks.


I can't move on with this story. Maybe because I do not know what will I answer to Jesus if I am the one being asked with this same question. Have I done everything with love, especially with God's definition of love...TRUE LOVE?

I want to do everything with God's love.

No comments: