Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Book-a-holic?

When I was a child, my dream house will be a big house with a library inside it. And now it's becoming more of like a fiction. What happened?! hahaha! :p But when I was a student, I don't want to read any book. I read books because it was required - textbooks and reference books, who will not read that? or else I will not pass my subjects! anyway, I discovered something new about myself over these past few months. I enjoy reading novels! That's really new! hihi! When I was a high school student I can't stand reading a book without COLORFUL pictures (seriously!) but here I am right now, found happiness in reading full-text novels during my spare time after work!

And as they say, you really can't judge the book by its cover!

There are books that has really nice packaging - the cover, the paper used, everything! But when you read the story, ahh! such a waste of time! hihi!

Then there are books that come in simple packaging - like Mitch Albom's novels. The cover is simple, yet the content is really heart-touching and truly inspiring!

When I bought a book, I will surely put some note into it or I will highlight the lines that I found appealing. For me it means I'm a leaving a mark to the book.

Just like in relating with people. You can't judge them by the way they look. And when you get to know them, you somehow need to leave a mark on their life, their story, that will make them remember you. Or an evidence that you once crossed their life story -- enough for dramatic statements! haha!

Here are some of the novels that I've just read:
Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan - required to read this because for a book review in High School (or college? I can't remember!) . I did not enjoy reading this one. Hehe.

Mitch Albom's Novels (Five people you meet in heaven, Tuesdays with Morrie, and For One More Day) - super touching! Definitely must-read novels! Highly recommended! Hihi!

Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn) - yeah, i also got hooked with the "Twilight Mania". I like the first and the last book. What I hate most is New Moon! Really hate it!

A Child Called 'It' - I forgot who's the author and I also forgot If I managed to finish reading this novel. It's so dramatic! Full of pains! So I guess I haven't finished in reading this one. I can't bare the emotions. :p

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella - I can't believe that I wasted my time reading this one! While reading the novel, I got the feeling of irritation! I remember I got this feeling when I watched the movie 'Bratz'. Huh! Super irritating! I can't find any lessons at all! :p

Dekada 70 at Gapo - a great novel by Lualhati Bautista. I was really fascinated by these novels.

Bob Ong books - I got to read ABBNKKBSANPLAko and Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hugas. But I got bored reading his other books.. Yes it's funny, it has the content, but..I don't know. It feels like I'm just reading a blog post. Or maybe because many bloggers have already adopted his style of writing.

I also got to read Inspirational books (obviously):
Extravagant Worship - written by Darlene Zchech herself of Hillsong. This book truly helped me especially when I was in Music Ministry.

Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren - a book almost known by all. I hope the readers finally got their 'purpose'. Hehe. This one is a powerful book.

What Matters Most for the Heart - recommended by GG Beth. This one is helpful especially when you are a Household Head. It can give you some topics or ideas for your Household.

How to Find Your One True Love by Bo Sanchez - Is this inspirational? Hmm..anyway, this is also a very good book. An eye-opener not only for those searching for their 'true love' but also for..hmm..everyone. hehe

Right now I'm reading Paulo Coelho's "Brida". So far so good. And..I really like the book cover. Interesting. hihi. Next books will be: The Alchemist, Life the Flowing River, and Eleven Minutes. All written by Paulo Coelho.

Thanks to my friends Bading (Jayson V) and Bebi Hazel for inspiring me in reading different novels and providing some ebooks for me to read. Your recommendation really matters to me. Hehehe.

And hey! I've got softcopy (ebook) of some of the best-selling novels of:
Paulo Coelho - By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, Eleven Minutes, Maktub, Manual of Warrior of Light, Stories of Parents Children and Grandchildren, The Alchemist, The Devil and Miss Prym, The Fifth Mountain, The Pilgrimage, The Valkyries, The Way of the Bow, The Witch of Portobello, The Zahir, and Veronica Decides to Die

Nicholas Sparks - A Bend in the Road, A Walk to Remember, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, The Notebook, The Wedding, True Believer

Mitch Albom - Five People You Meet in Heaven, For One More Day, Tuesdays with Morrie

Jane Austen - Emma, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility

Danielle Steel - Heart Beat, Kaleidoscope, Leap of Faith, Lightning, Lone Eagle, Malice, Message from Nam, Mirror Image, Mixed Blessings, No Greater Love, Passion's Promise, Safe Harbour, Silent Honor, The Gift, The Ranch, Vanished, Wings

Dan Brown - Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress, The Da Vinci Code

Anne Rice - Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, The Tale of the Body Thief, Memnoch the Devil, The Vampire Armand, Merrick

J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter Book 1-7

Bob Ong - ABNKKBSNPLAko, Alamat ng Gubat, Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas, Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino, Stainless Longganisa

Stephanie Meyers - Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn

You can PM me and request for the copies :)

If you have some nice novel ebooks kindly share it with me please?.. T_T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi.
do you have ebook of this?
i want to have a copy of bob ong and lualhati kase.

i attended the ILC too!
rodcute2002@yahoo.com